Now that I’ve got this blog up and running, I can’t keep my
mind from wandering to think of potential posts. Well, I also can’t stop fantasizing
about the trip, but that’s to be expected. In the next few months I plan to use
this space as an online journal, trip-planning tracker, web site reference, and
general resource for my friends to check in on how everything’s coming along.Once I'm gone, I'll update here with all that's happening on the other side of the world.
So, today is Valentine’s Day, and even though they don’t
really celebrate it, (true love happens everyday, people), I want to highlight my two favorite world travelers because
they’re such a source of inspiration for me – Preston and Melissa.
I had the great honor of officiating their wedding
in Mexico last winter, (more posts on all the Mexican adventures of the last
year still to come). But I have to say that first trip (in what turned out to be a series of trips) to Mexico
really reignited my desire to travel and see the world. That’s just what these
two did after their beautiful wedding, traveling first through Central and South America,
then on to Europe, followed by three months in Asia. Their romantic travel adventure is on pause for
now as my trip planning gets underway, but the changes in them will never
leave. My friends came home with a new found appreciation for our world and
with a passion for travel that’s unparalleled by anyone I’ve ever known.
Check them out at a cooking class in Chiang Mai -- the Thai city I've got my sights set on as a major destination...
Melissa loved her some Japan...
And they both got in a lot of snorkeling, (Preston a little climbing, too)...
Their travel blog can be found here, and Preston uploaded thousands of pictures on his Flickr photostream.
I'm happy to now be getting lots of travel planning and advice from Preston and Melissa, and while I'm sad to be leaving mis hermanos in a few months, I'm already looking forward to visits from them in Asia and exploring more together.
Love,
Katery




No comments:
Post a Comment