Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bangkok: Part I

Let me preface this with the fact that I'm kind of bummed I haven't figured out a way to upload photos from my tablet to online... the wifi connections are too slow so far here in Bangkok, and I imagine they're only going to get worse as we proceed through other island areas! Oh well... maybe at the airport. :)

We've been in Bangkok for a couple of days now... today we're off to go temple sightseeing then to the Pat Pong bar scene near the red light district tonight.

So far we've had a couple Thai massages, gone to the craziest Asian mall (that we didn't even mean to go to -- we were looking for a market called Pratenum... the mall, of course, titled Platinum -- confusion ensued). We've had lots of street food -- chicken and pork satay, noodle soup, even some little Japanese fried balls. Yesterday we went to Chatuchak Market -- a massive outdoor market that was ca-ray-zay! We've gone on subwway rides, bus rides... have yet to take a tuk tuk... but maybe today... and I think we'll also take a river cruise to get up to the reclining Buddha and main King's palace. These people sure do love their king! Oh, and I don't want to forget to mention that we put our lives at risk every time we try to cross a street. Like, literally, we're running to safety. The intersections here are insane!

Speaking of the people -- everyone has been so nice. We've had multiple Thais take time tohelp these two pharangs (foreigners) out. Our little host at the guesthouse where we're staying is the cutest little gay Thai man. He's told Melissa and I we both have the energy of Madonna, last night told me I'm like Lady Gaga, and he's quoted to us Celine Dion. "Your heart will go on, girls." Also -- my massage last night was from a lovely ladyboy. Maybe we'll catch a ladyboy show in the Pat Pong district tonight!

Anyway, we're off to find breakfast and have another adventure-filled day in Bangkok!

Love,
Katery

No comments:

Post a Comment