Thursday, August 8, 2013

Slight Change of Plans

I'm still going to Southeast Asia. Let me start with that. There has, however, been a slight change of plans -- well, perhaps a major change. Rather than living and teaching in Thailand, I've moved in with my boyfriend. My how life can surprise you.

Just a couple of weeks after my last post, I went out for a friends' birthday and ended up meeting (or re-meeting) Brenton. I was planning on leaving town and he's wrapping up a divorce, so the timing for a relationship was not ideal -- but apparently it's true what they say -- when you're not looking for something serious, it happens anyway.


I wouldn't be planning on coming back to the Pacific Northwest if this guy wasn't worth it. He is worth it. He's a keeper. So, the change of plans have me coming back to live with B in Camas, Washington (where he's a junior high science teacher) after a couple months of traveling through Southeast Asia. Side bonus -- I picked up a travel buddy in my bestie Melissa, who's now able to come with me for this adventure!

Our (very loosely) planned itinerary is as follows: Thailand for 2-3 weeks, Sri Lanka for 2 weeks, Vietnam for 2 weeks, then hopefully Japan for a week or two before heading home.


So, that's the plan! My last day of work at Evanta is tomorrow... then next week B and I are off to Colorado for a few days to visit family and go to my BFF from childhood's wedding. Then he flies to LA with me for a couple of days before Melissa meets me and we leave from LAX. 13 hours to Taipei and then a layover before Bangkok... and we'll be off on our adventure! Lots of updates to come...

Love,
Katery

No comments:

Post a Comment